Friday 21 May 2010

SHOWREEL:

For my showreel, I wanted to use a piece of music from a band and so I contacted their label and was able to get response.

This was my email to the label;

Hello there,
My name is Dean Pankhurst and I'm student at Ravensbourne college.
The main reason I'm contacting you to ask about using one of Mogwai's songs with in my show reel, Mogwai - Mr Beast- Friend of the night.
I'm hoping that you can help me with getting permission to use the song,

cheers
Dean

Craig Hargrave




Hi Dean,
As long as it's not for profit then the band are fine with such usage. I should point out that Rock Action did not release Friend of The Night so you might want to get in touch with the label who put the Mr Beast album out, PIAS Recordings.

Thanks,
Craig

After this I went on to PIAS Recordings webite to try to discover an email address but only could find a telephone number, so I rung them up to ask for permission and they said it should ok as long as its not for profit.

No comments:

Post a Comment